PDA

View Full Version : C or MLC/MFE

July 7th 2008, 05:17 AM
Hello, I have finished FM on May and would take P on Sept. I am considering take either MLC/MFE or C on Nov. Anyone have suggestion about the sequence to take the exams. Since I know little about what would be tested in MLC/MFE or C, is it OK to prepare for C before MLC/MFE?

Also would ASM manual be good for the preparation for these exams?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

tpegan
July 13th 2008, 09:31 AM
Hello, I have finished FM on May and would take P on Sept. I am considering take either MLC/MFE or C on Nov. Anyone have suggestion about the sequence to take the exams. Since I know little about what would be tested in MLC/MFE or C, is it OK to prepare for C before MLC/MFE?

Also would ASM manual be good for the preparation for these exams?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

I would take either MFE or MLC but not both. The derivatives material from FM flows into MFE and the Interest theory from FM flows into MLC. I work in pension so MLC is applicable to my day to day work. I don't think that I would ever use the material on either C or MFE if I stayed in the pension field. So I think I'm bias towards MLC.

July 14th 2008, 06:35 AM
I would take either MFE or MLC but not both. The derivatives material from FM flows into MFE and the Interest theory from FM flows into MLC. I work in pension so MLC is applicable to my day to day work. I don't think that I would ever use the material on either C or MFE if I stayed in the pension field. So I think I'm bias towards MLC.

I would take MFE in Nov. Much appreciate your suggestion.