PDA

View Full Version : Are we allowed to discuss specific questions

bv12
November 9th 2005, 01:44 PM
I am not sure if we are not supposed to discuss specific questions and answers on the exam. If it is ok when can we do so?

kirghizstan
November 9th 2005, 01:49 PM
NO, do you want to give people in HI an unfair advantage. Remember this thing is graded on a curve!

wat
November 9th 2005, 02:13 PM
I am not sure if we are not supposed to discuss specific questions and answers on the exam. If it is ok when can we do so?

You may discuss questions, but please wait until after at least 4pm EST. The exam in Hawaii does not end until 3:30 EST, so there may be an opportunity to cheat/gain advantage by your posting of particular questions.

bv12
November 9th 2005, 02:51 PM
Yeah that is why I asked. Aren't there international locations that may be taking it on another day? That is what I do not know. Maybe it says officially on the SOA or this website somewhere.

crayolaab
November 9th 2005, 03:20 PM
Yeah that is why I asked. Aren't there international locations that may be taking it on another day? That is what I do not know. Maybe it says officially on the SOA or this website somewhere.

All international locations are taking it on the same day - but in Oxford it was at 2.30 pm so basically at the same time as some people in America. Weird.

Not sure in terms of time zones - what zone is last - but everyone was meant to take it on their '9 nov at 830am' time.

Ken
November 10th 2005, 12:01 AM
NO, do you want to give people in HI an unfair advantage. Remember this thing is graded on a curve!

If this is graded on a curve, explain why 75% of the test takers passed last sitting please?

bv12
November 10th 2005, 08:10 AM
75% passed? I thought it was 45%...either way too high. Where does it say officially how scores are derived?

Ken
November 10th 2005, 01:18 PM
It's arbitrarily decided by the judges.

PatrickP
November 13th 2005, 09:17 AM
75 % of the candidates got over 20/25 . 75 % passed .