Salary Surveys Apply Bios Casualty Health Life Pension
Pauline Reimer, ASA, MAAA
Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compare Your Company's Actuarial Exam Study & Passing Bonus/Raise Program

I went back and edited a few of my responses ... especially since the company did a review of its salary structure and realized they needed to be more aggressive with it, so most everyone above entry-level is getting a nearly immediate bump in pay with promotions pre-FCAS being more automatic once the necessary criteria are satisfied.
    "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Actuary.com - Level VI Poster
    Gah. Same study program here.

And there is no explicit study program in place after the ASA credential. No raises, no bonuses, no promotion guarantees upon completion of the FSA credential.

Actuary.com - Level I Poster
    no one has posted here in a while, so i suspect bonuses have changed as of recent. but im wondering how these programs affect entry level applicants. I am going into my senior year and have P and FM complete. Hoping to take MFE in Nov and MLC in May. Can taking these exams actually hurt me from getting these bonuses and pay raises, or will it all be included in my starting salary?

and yes all of this is assuming i can actually find a job which according to these forums seems very unlikely.

Thanks

Actuary.com - Level I Poster
    I was wondering if the general information (though 3 years old) above was still correct. Has the economic crisis in America caused companies to stop supporting students in taking the exams? Shortened hours? Decreased bonuses/pay increases?

I finally noticed this thread and wanted to update my response ... but then noticed the thread was closed. So, I unclosed it ... because I can.

My company's current structure [subject to change, which I understand it will be for 2012]:

Exam 1, 2 -- $1500
    Exam 3F/MFE, 3L/MLC -- $2000 [will only pay for either 3F or MFE; will only pay for 3L or MLC - will not pay for passing both the SOA's version and the CAS's version]
    Exam 4 -- $2,000
    Online Modules [#1, #2] -- $500 each
    Exam 5 -- $2,500 [for those needing to take the full exam in the current (new) structure]
    Exam 5A -- $2,500 [if only this part is required]
    Exam 5B -- $1,500 [if only this part is required]
    Exam 6 -- $2,500
    Exam 7 -- $3,000
    Exam 8 -- $3,000
    Exam 9 -- $3,000
    ACAS -- 5% pay raise
    FCAS -- 5% pay raise

There is no pay raise for completing VEE's at the moment. All raises are retroactive to the date the exam was taken, regardless of when grades are released.
    "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Actuary.com - Newbie Poster remas10's Avatar
    [QUOTE=I'm with a consulting firm. We have to pass one exam every 3 exam periods to stay in the program. After passing P, FM, M, and C, we have to pass one exam (every 4 exam periods. We get 7 days of study time for P and FM and 13 days for M and C. The raises are $3,000 each for P and FM and $4,000 each for M and C and bonuses of $1,000 for P and FM and $1,500 for M and C. And a $1000 raise for VEE. From the sounds of it, I have it pretty good here![/QUOTE]

good work good
    http://www.nile7.com/readings
    Last edited by remas10; April 13th 2013 at 01:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information