Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Thread: A little confused

Actuary.com - Level II Poster PFloyd'sAct's Avatar

A little confused

O.K. So I need a little clarification on this VEE thing.

Do we need VEE credit in all 3 areas, or just one? When is the best time to aquire VEE credit? How do the Macro and Micro Econ classes I took in college 3 years ago help me get VEE credit if at all? Is it better to get validated before or after you are hired? (I have passed 2 exams and am looking frantically for a entry-level job)

Granted I haven't done any searching on SOA.org yet, I am only going by this website and an info packet that NEAS has sent me about their courses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (and if any of you experienced actuaries know of an entry level opening feel free to drop me a line:wink
    :coolman:

Actuary.com - Posting Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PFloyd'sAct View Post
    O.K. So I need a little clarification on this VEE thing.

Do we need VEE credit in all 3 areas, or just one? When is the best time to aquire VEE credit? How do the Macro and Micro Econ classes I took in college 3 years ago help me get VEE credit if at all? Is it better to get validated before or after you are hired? (I have passed 2 exams and am looking frantically for a entry-level job)

Granted I haven't done any searching on SOA.org yet, I am only going by this website and an info packet that NEAS has sent me about their courses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (and if any of you experienced actuaries know of an entry level opening feel free to drop me a line:wink
    You need VEE For Econs, Finance and Stat. These credits help replace the material that was removed from the old 2 and 4. You can only apply for credits by VEE after you have passed any 2 exams so you are good to go.

I would suggesting going to soa.org and finding a form that you fill out with the school you went to, class name, etc. and send it in + $$ and they grant you credit. There is also a pdf that shows which classes for which schools they will accept. If your school/class is not on the list you CAN petition for them to add it to the list, not sure what the success rate is.

As far as what employers would prefer, everywhere I interviewed back in the day asked me if I have my VEE done, I did. Basically I wanted more things to add to my resume and this provided it

Actuary.com - Level I Poster
    This is the list of schools and courses, if you haven't found it already:

http://www.soa.org/files/pdf/edu-vee...ed-courses.pdf

Thread Information