Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Thread: VEE application question

Actuary.com - Level I Poster

VEE application question

I have read that you cannot apply for VEE credit until you have passed at least one exam, but I want to make sure that coursework/ CFA exams taken before passing an exam does still count, I just can't apply to have it verified until I pass an exam... Please confirm.

Thanks,
    Tanner

Actuary.com - Posting Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner-T View Post
    I have read that you cannot apply for VEE credit until you have passed at least one exam, but I want to make sure that coursework/ CFA exams taken before passing an exam does still count, I just can't apply to have it verified until I pass an exam... Please confirm.

Thanks,
    Tanner
    You have to pass 2 actuarial exams. As of right now SOA/CAS doesn't care about coursework or CFA exams.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreExams View Post
    You have to pass 2 actuarial exams. As of right now SOA/CAS doesn't care about coursework or CFA exams.
    Thanks NME... Just to confirm once I pass two exams this fall the CFA exam I have already passed this summer can then be registered/accepted?

Thanks NME... Just to confirm once I pass two exams this fall the CFA exam I have already passed this summer can then be registered/accepted?
    Actuaries don't care about CFA exams, not sure why you are thinking it does?

NME... I am reading on the Society of Actuaries webpage under the VEE Approved Courses/Experiences - Standardized Examinations and other Educational Experiences ( http://www.soa.org/education/exam-re...d-courses.aspx )...

Regardless, whether it is a CFA exam or university courses, my question remains the same, is something I took/passed last year applicable for VEE credit once I pass my exams or do I actually have to complete the VEE requirements after passing exams?

THanks,
    Tanner

NME... I am reading on the Society of Actuaries webpage under the VEE Approved Courses/Experiences - Standardized Examinations and other Educational Experiences ( http://www.soa.org/education/exam-re...d-courses.aspx )...

Regardless, whether it is a CFA exam or university courses, my question remains the same, is something I took/passed last year applicable for VEE credit once I pass my exams or do I actually have to complete the VEE requirements after passing exams?

THanks,
    Tanner
    Those courses are what counts towards your VEE, you can take them at any point but you can only apply for VEE credit once you have passed 2 actuarial exams.

Thanks NME, that was the clarification I was looking for... Just wanted to make sure the fact that I had completed them before any of my exams was not a problem.

Thread Information