Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Actuary's Free Study Guide for Exam 5

Actuary.com - Level IV Poster

Post Sections 18, 19, and 20 of The Actuary’s Free Study Guide for Exam 5

Greetings.

Three new sections of The Actuary’s Free Study Guide for Exam 5 are now available. Each section offers 5 practice problems and solutions. These sections cover material that overlaps with CPCU Exam 510, for which the Nyce text Foundations of Risk Management and Insurance is also the course text. I have been studying for that exam during the past several weeks and plan to create in the near future the study guide sections pertaining to the overlapping material from that exam.

Section 18 – Risk, Loss Exposures, and Hazards

Section 19 – Competition in Property and Casualty Insurance Markets

Section 20 – Basic Supply and Demand and Some Factors Affecting Insurance Supply

You can find the index of all sections of the study guide to date at the following page: http://progressofliberty.today.com/5-study-guide/

Questions are always welcome. Also, if you find errors in any of the problems, feel free to offer a correction.

Sincerely,
    G. Stolyarov II

Post Section 21 of Free Study Guide for Exam 5

Greetings.

A new section of The Actuary’s Free Study Guide for Exam 5 is now available. It covers a large portion of the syllabus readings from Chapter 7 of Foundations of Risk Management and Insurance and a wide variety of the topics discussed there.

Section 21 – Considerations Regarding Insurance Markets and Pooling of Risk

You can find the index of all sections of the study guide to date at the following page: http://progressofliberty.today.com/5-study-guide/

Questions are always welcome. Also, if you find errors in any of the problems, feel free to offer a correction.

Sincerely,
    G. Stolyarov II

Post Sections 22, 23, 24, and 25 of Free Study Guide for Exam 5

Greetings.

Four new sections of The Actuary’s Free Study Guide for Exam 5 are now available. These sections cover material that overlaps with CPCU Exam 510, for which the Nyce text Foundations of Risk Management and Insurance is also the course text. The sections in question cover parts of Chapters 7, 8, and 9 of the Nyce text.

Section 22 – Functions and Properties of Risk Pooling and Insurance

Section 23 – Characteristics of Ideally Insurable Loss Exposures

Section 24 – Net Income Loss Exposures and Personal Loss Exposures

Section 25 – Basic Legal Concepts Relevant to Insurance

Sincerely,
    G. Stolyarov II

Post Section 26 of Free Study Guide for Exam 5

Greetings.

A new section of The Actuary’s Free Study Guide for Exam 5 is now available. It covers the latter portion of the syllabus readings from Chapter 9 of Foundations of Risk Management and Insurance.

Section 26 – Intentional Torts, Strict Liability, and Remedies for Torts

Sincerely,
    G. Stolyarov II

Post Section 27 of Free Study Guide for Exam 5

Greetings.

A new section of The Actuary’s Free Study Guide for Exam 5 is now available. It covers the beginning portion of the syllabus readings from Chapter 10 of Foundations of Risk Management and Insurance.

Section 27 – Distinguishing Characteristics of Insurance Policies

Sincerely,
    G. Stolyarov II

Post Sections 28 and 29 of Free Study Guide for Exam 5

Greetings.

Two new sections of The Actuary’s Free Study Guide for Exam 5 are now available. Section 28 covers the latter portion of the syllabus readings from Chapter 10 of Foundations of Risk Management and Insurance, and Section 29 covers the syllabus readings from Chapter 11.

Section 28 – Exchange of Unequal Amounts, Conditionality, and Restrictions on Transfer in Insurance

Section 29 – Common Insurance Policy Provisions

Sections 18-29 of the study guide contain overlapping material between CAS Exam 5 and CPCU Exam 510. As I will be preparing to take CPCU 510 on December 14, I will take a break from publishing new study guide sections until December 15. Thereafter, the study guide will continue to cover content presented in the Werner and Modlin text.

Sincerely,
    G. Stolyarov II

Post Section 30 of Free Study Guide for Exam 5

Greetings.

As I have now taken Exam CPCU 510, I can resume more regular publication of The Actuary’s Free Study Guide for Exam 5.

A new section is available today, covering material from the end of Chapter 4 of Basic Ratemaking:

Section 30 – Aggregation of Written, Earned, and In-Force Exposures for Insurance Policies of Unequal Terms and the “15th of the Month” Rule

Sincerely,
    G. Stolyarov II

Thumbs up Passed CPCU 510

Greetings.

A brief note: I found out officially on December 15 that I passed Exam CPCU 510, which I took on December 14 via CBT (at my workplace, not with Prometric). Considering that the exam was an essay exam and I deliberately gave quite detailed answers, I am absolutely amazed that it was graded so quickly. It is also a good milestone in my preparation for Exam 5.

The actuarial societies should aspire toward this swiftness of grading. I am aware that the CPCU exams are reviewed by three independent graders, so quality of review is certainly not compromised.

The AICPCU has risen colossally in my estimation (and I had a high regard for it initially) – and I am not easily impressed. I will definitely be pursuing a full-fledged CPCU designation simultaneously with my actuarial studies.

Sincerely,
    G. Stolyarov II

Post Sections 31 and 32 of Free Study Guide for Exam 5

Greetings.

Two new sections of The Actuary’s Free Study Guide for Exam 5 are now available. They cover the beginning of Chapter 5 of Basic Ratemaking.

Section 31 – Exchange of Unequal Amounts, Conditionality, and Restrictions on Transfer in Insurance

Section 32 – Aggregation of Earned Premium and In-Force Premium by Calendar Year and Policy Year

Sincerely,
    G. Stolyarov II

Post Section 33 of Free Study Guide for Exam 5

Greetings.

A new section of The Actuary’s Free Study Guide for Exam 5 is now available:

Section 33 – Adjusting Historical Premium to Current Rate Levels: The Extension of Exposures Method and the Parallelogram Method

Sincerely,
    G. Stolyarov II

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information