Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's Best Online Course to get VEE Credit

Actuary.com - Level II Poster
    Oh ! Thank you for this explanation ! I really thought it had to be validated by your univetsity to be accepted by the SOA... Downside of having English teached hammer into our head that "College" means "university" and not "Junior High School" ("collège" in French) ever since we start learning English...
    CLEP exam are not offered in France but everywhere else in Europ (like always), so I'll just take the trip to the UK or to Belgium.
    Thank you very much for your help !

Actuary.com - Level III Poster mathrix's Avatar
    It's been a while since I'm away from this forum. :laugh:

Just a heads up, the CPCU exam is now valid until 2014. See
    http://www.soa.org/education/exam-re...d-courses.aspx

BTW, passed this exam last week. Just need to study for about 40-50 hours considering I really don't have college courses in Accounting or Finance.

Actuary.com - Level II Poster
    It's been a while since I've been here to...
    I ended up choosing the online Actex courses. They are more expensive, but also more structured and having the possibility to get explanations in case you don't understand something is great.
    The microeconomics course is the best : good online book, teachers very "present", online practice and online quizz every week.
    I would second the applied statistic courses. It works fine for me since I already covered the syllabus at my university, but if you haven't and are not familiar with statistical softwares, it's really hard. The teacher helps a lot on the forum, but the book is a bit hard to follow.
    Last would be the corporate finance course. There is no online practice, only assignments, and honestly, with no previous knowledge in that subject (and a few language difficulties), it takes quite a lot of work in comparison to the other courses : count 3-4H a week to read the text book, and at least 5H for the assignment (7 through the course) if you're not really familiar with the subject. That's the minimum.

Apart from that, every course is very interesting, so it was worth spending the additional money...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information