Sponsored Ads
D.W. Simpson
Worldwide Actuarial Recruitment
Life Health Pension Casualty US Asia Australia Europe Salary Apply
Ezra Penland Actuarial Recruiters
Top Actuary Jobs
Salary Surveys Apply Bios Casualty Health Life Pension
Pauline Reimer, ASA, MAAA
Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: What's Best Online Course to get VEE Credit

  1. #1
    Actuary.com - Level III Poster mathrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    152

    Smile What's Best Online Course to get VEE Credit

    Hi guys,

    Could you tell me which Online Course is the best? Some say it is CLEP and some NEAS. I wanted an online course that is not expensive but at the same time I could easily learn for someone like me who failed to take Economics Classes..etc. Hope you could advise.

    Thank you so much

  2. #2
    Actuary.com - Level III Poster mathrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by thesecondmouse View Post
    Another great thing is that clep scores are not translated into your gpa, so you don't have to worry about mastering the material. If I were you I would want to master the material anyway since it will come in handy in your career, however for purposes of getting VEE credit I would advise you to just go ahead and knock it out of the way early. One week of one hour a day study is more than enough for any CLEP test.:smiloe:
    ''', buddy that's indeed very awesome to hear. Honestly, I just got excited to take CLEP instead of NEAS. I would prefer a little harder one (CLEP) than an expensive one (NEAS). Thank you so much for your recommendation. You're the best :smiloe:

    BTW, could you recommend the best textbook/manual for both the microecon and macroecon exams of CLEP. Thanks. :smiloe:

  3. #3
    Actuary.com - Newbie Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1

    how to prepare for VEE-finance exam

    Hi,

    I am new to america.. i wanted to know where in california can i take classes to prepaer for VEE-finance exam?

  4. #4
    Actuary.com - Level III Poster mathrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by pragya View Post
    Hi,

    I am new to america.. i wanted to know where in california can i take classes to prepaer for VEE-finance exam?
    maybe you want to visit

    http://www.neas-seminars.com/Misc/

  5. #5
    Actuary.com - Level II Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    32
    Hi !

    I'm from France and trying to find a way to get those VEE... None of the courses at French universities are recognised so I'm looking for alternatives. I found online courses by Actex and I can take the exams in France if I find a proctor willing to supervise me until 10p.m. (time difference ''''s) but they are really expensive...
    If you have any suggestion, please let me know !

    Good luck to you all !

  6. #6
    Actuary.com - Level III Poster mathrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    152
    I took VEE Econs at CLEP and will take VEE Corporate Finance at CPCU. These are standardized exams. Don't have plans for VEE Stats yet. Hope that helps.

  7. #7
    Actuary.com - Level II Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by mathrix View Post
    I took VEE Econs at CLEP and will take VEE Corporate Finance at CPCU. These are standardized exams. Don't have plans for VEE Stats yet. Hope that helps.
    Thanks for your reply, but the CLEP exams are only accepted if they can figure on your college transcript... Since such things are not recognised by French universities, I can't use it...
    Has the CPCU's agreement been reconducted for 2011 ? It says on the SOA website that it's only valid until 2010...

  8. #8
    Actuary.com - Level III Poster mathrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by ansileran View Post
    Thanks for your reply, but the CLEP exams are only accepted if they can figure on your college transcript... Since such things are not recognised by French universities, I can't use it...
    Has the CPCU's agreement been reconducted for 2011 ? It says on the SOA website that it's only valid until 2010...
    I don't get your point about CLEP. Isn't it you just need to send them your scores, and if you meet the passing score then you could apply for a credit for VEE Econs?

    Not sure about that CPCU, I'll be taking it this December. You have to contact the AICPCU or SOA about it.

  9. #9
    Actuary.com - Level II Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    32
    Maybe I didn't get it right, systems are so different between France and the US that I may have translated it wrongly...
    On the SOA website (http://www.soa.org/education/exam-re...d-courses.aspx), there is this sentence below the CLEP test :
    "Minimum score of 53 (computer) or 47 (paper) required to receive credit. Original College Board transcript is required. Score report does not meet documentation requirement"
    Doesn't it mean that the score has to be taken in account by your college / university for them to aknowledge it ?
    It's probably not available in France anyway... Looks like I have to choose between Actex online courses and CFA exams (even more expensive, and taking so much longer to get)....

  10. #10
    Actuary.com - Level III Poster mathrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by ansileran View Post
    Maybe I didn't get it right, systems are so different between France and the US that I may have translated it wrongly...
    On the SOA website (http://www.soa.org/education/exam-re...d-courses.aspx), there is this sentence below the CLEP test :
    "Minimum score of 53 (computer) or 47 (paper) required to receive credit. Original College Board transcript is required. Score report does not meet documentation requirement"
    Doesn't it mean that the score has to be taken in account by your college / university for them to aknowledge it ?
    It's probably not available in France anyway... Looks like I have to choose between Actex online courses and CFA exams (even more expensive, and taking so much longer to get)....
    "College Board" = CLEP. This the administrator for CLEP, AP, etc. You may want to visit their site. In the actual exam, they will be asking where do you want to send your grade report, one of the choices is SOA at Illinois. This will directly give your transcript to SOA and you don't need to get the hard copy of your transcript for $50. Hope that clarifies. I'm encouraging you to take CLEP to save time and money

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •