Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Thread: VEE Req. and Exams

Actuary.com - Newbie Poster

VEE Req. and Exams

I went to my college's career services and no real help. So just some real basic questions....

Can you take Exam P and so on without VEE Requirements or do you have to complete VEE first?

Do most people take tests to fufill VEE or do you have classes from college that clear it? I will have to test for Finance and even Stats most likely.

Thanks a lot. Any advice....just lay it on me.

Actuary.com - Level III Poster
    VEE is only needed when it is time to get your ASA. You are not required to have it to take any exam. So go start studying for Exam P and take classes that will fulfill VEE if possible. You can go to the link below to see if your college has preapproved courses. If none are preapproved you can try to get a course approved by filling out forms available at the link below and sending them in. It will be much easier in the end, in my opinion, if you get the VEE done through college courses if you are in college anyways.

http://www.soa.org/ccm/content/exams...al-experience/

Actuary.com - Newbie Poster
    Thanks a lot. Thats exactly what I was loking for. I hope I can squeeze in classes for VEE I am a senior next year and have other requirements too. Also I have to get them approved. And that leads me to this next question...

I saw that some approved classes for the VEE Stats differ, and more than one are listed. Does that mean you are done with that if you take ALL of those at the specific school? Or do you just need one. Another example is for Economics, usually Micro and Macro are listed, do I have to take one or both?

Thanks

Actuary.com - Level III Poster
    On the list if they are shown on the same line that means they need to both be taken to fulfill the requirement. You will definately need both micro and macro for economics. You wil almost definately need two courses for stats as well (regression and time series). Finance you can prob get away with taking one course to fulfill the Finance VEE (corporate finance).

Actuary.com - Level VI Poster
    Also note that you'll need at least two exams (two of P, FM, M and C) in order to apply for VEE credit. Even if you've taken the classes on the SOA listing of approved classes, you'll still need to have passed two exams in order to apply for credit.

Thread Information