Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Thread: What's the deal with VEE

Actuary.com - Level II Poster bdenyer's Avatar

What's the deal with VEE

I was just browsing the SOA website probably for the thousandth time today (waiting for P results ) and it said that the VEE exams will be "offered through 2006". Does this mean that after 2006 you can't take them, or that they will be instituting a new system, or is there something I don't know about? Thanks in advance.

-B

http://www.soa.org/ccm/content/exams...al-experience/
    Haven't you heard?
    It's a battle of words
    The poster-bearer cried

Actuary.com - Level VI Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bdenyer
    I was just browsing the SOA website probably for the thousandth time today (waiting for P results ) and it said that the VEE exams will be "offered through 2006". Does this mean that after 2006 you can't take them, or that they will be instituting a new system, or is there something I don't know about? Thanks in advance.

-B

http://www.soa.org/ccm/content/exams...al-experience/
    It means that the CAS will guarantee VEE exams that they've been holding through 2006, at a very minimum. Translation: We (SOA/CAS jointly speaking) should have something else instituted than just these VEE exams, but we're still looking into it. We should have something at the end of 2 years (they first started this in 2005), but we reserve the right to continue these exams in the future.

Actuary.com - Level II Poster bdenyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wat
    It means that the CAS will guarantee VEE exams that they've been holding through 2006, at a very minimum. Translation: We (SOA/CAS jointly speaking) should have something else instituted than just these VEE exams, but we're still looking into it. We should have something at the end of 2 years (they first started this in 2005), but we reserve the right to continue these exams in the future.
    I figured it might be something like that, but the SOA wasn't too clear on its website (surprise, surprise ). Thanks for the response.

-B
    Haven't you heard?
    It's a battle of words
    The poster-bearer cried

Actuary.com - Level II Poster Chitown26's Avatar
    I will be a junior in college this fall, and I just passed Exam FM. That's the only exam I have taken. I didn't know anything about the VEE exams until today. When should I start "worrying" about them? I still need to take Exam P in early 2007, and apparently the VEE system might be different then.

I also have heard I don't have to take the VEE exams until I apply for the Associateships.

Also, are we supposed to take all of the VEE exams to qualify for VEE? If I take all the college courses listed for my university in bdenyer's link above, I can pass out of the VEE and not have to take any other exams for VEE?

Actuary.com - Level III Poster
    So does this mean its pretty important to get two exams passed and then submit the VEE form(s) ASAP if you have the coursework completed? Or is there a good chance they'll wind up not excepting VEE's in a shortwhile anyway?

Thread Information