Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that drive you crazy

Actuary.com - Level VI Poster Ken's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple
    When boarding a plane, people who block the whole boarding process by gathering at the gate right away. If your ticket says Boarding group 4, don't block the rest of us. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    I just chill eating fast food at the nearest McDonalds until they take the final boarding call. Then again, I'm probably the more chilled out than most people. I just figure planes are only delayed. They never depart early.

Actuary.com - Newbie Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    I just chill eating fast food at the nearest McDonalds until they take the final boarding call. Then again, I'm probably the more chilled out than most people. I just figure planes are only delayed. They never depart early.
    It's fine if you check luggage when you travel. The only reason I want to get in on time is because of bin space. I can't remember the last time I checked luggage, including a few 2 week trips in there.

Actuary.com - Newbie Poster
    As for cell phones that go off during lecture, when I taught an entry level accounting course at my old univeristy (100 students/session) I would force the student to stand up, take their cell phone, answer it, and explain in a VERY BRISK MANNER that the student was interrupting my class and that if they called again during my class I would give their friend a failing grade on the next homework. I usually only got one or two phone calls in the first week and never after that. It was clearly outlined in the syllabus that this was my policy so there were very few willing to test it. Mean? yes. Effective? ABSOLUTELY.

Actuary.com - Level I Poster
    the person who is in front of me at the register who, after recieving change from a purchase, ask the teller if they have the quarter from state X, Y, or Z

when there are 5 people waiting in line behind me
    gah

Actuary.com - Level II Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK
    As for cell phones that go off during lecture, when I taught an entry level accounting course at my old univeristy (100 students/session) I would force the student to stand up, take their cell phone, answer it, and explain in a VERY BRISK MANNER that the student was interrupting my class and that if they called again during my class I would give their friend a failing grade on the next homework. I usually only got one or two phone calls in the first week and never after that. It was clearly outlined in the syllabus that this was my policy so there were very few willing to test it. Mean? yes. Effective? ABSOLUTELY.
    can't you like get sued for that.. people sue for everything here in America.. unless ur not here...

Quote Originally Posted by brianritchie
    can't you like get sued for that.. people sue for everything here in America.. unless ur not here...
    I can't stand the people that sue for everything here in America - as if they're entitled to $1,000,000 and someone is just "supposed to hand it over". I also can't stand the people who blame others for their own problems - aka "It's not my fault my 12-year old kid weighs 375 lbs., McDonald's made us come in and eat here 4 times a day, 7 days a week for the last 7 years so they're the ones to blame."

I also can't stand Stuart Scott from ESPN.

Actuary.com - Level I Poster

annoying

In the UK you can sued but it is almost laughable. In the USA a lost finger may be worth a few million dollars, right? Recently in the UK plain clothed police executed an innocent man on the tube because they suspected him of terrorism. Five bullets in the head at close range, no effort to restrain or arrest (did they even identify themselves?). The payout ? 500,000 pound, i.e. less than a million dollars!

I get annoyed by drug addicts and alcoholics asking me for money in the streets so that they can buy a coffee. Liars, there are loads of places they can go to get free coffee and food. They just insult my intelligence.

Today two drunks purposely walked into me, acted offended and aggressive and demanded money in recompense. This is obviously a routine they use often. I didn't give them anything. And if I ever see them walking towards me again, at the moment they try to collide with me, I'm going to knock them down!

I am actually quite a nice guy really.

Don't let this put you off coming to the UK.
    Last edited by AVB; August 16th 2005 at 12:30 PM. Reason: correction

I also hate when someone says, "If you have any questions, e-mail me / call me and I'll get back to you shortly", and when you leave a message, they don't return your call or e-mail. I'm not talking about "they don't return it the next day", I'm talking about "they don't return it ever."

Angry Things that drive you crazy

Waiting in the leftmost lane for the green signal, somebody comes from the right lane and takes left turn in the red.

-Rup

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Blues
    I also hate when someone says, "If you have any questions, e-mail me / call me and I'll get back to you shortly", and when you leave a message, they don't return your call or e-mail. I'm not talking about "they don't return it the next day", I'm talking about "they don't return it ever."
    yeah exactly.. some people jus don have simple courtesy

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information