Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that drive you crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Rup
    Waiting in the leftmost lane for the green signal, somebody comes from the right lane and takes left turn in the red.

-Rup
    Just as similar - people who can't follow lane markings, signs saying "Left turn ONLY" and then nearly cause an accident when they disobey the signs b/c they're apparently too stupid to read. These people should have their licenses revoked on the spot and not given back until they've gone back through driver's ed for at least six months.

Actuary.com - Level I Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Blues
    -- People who don't use their turn signal
    -- People who can't spell common words or use even halfway proper English
    -- People who think that 3 or 4 cars can still go through the intersection after the light turns red
    you really wouldnt like it in Taiwan. they are habitual offenders of these 3. the second is forgivable, but the driving here is flat-out pitiful.

Actuary.com - Level II Poster
    The sounds that AOL instant messenger makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    The sounds that AOL instant messenger makes.
    I definitely hate these sounds too...but you don't have to live with them...go to preferences, you can get rid of all the sounds there...I know I did

OK....a new one. I ride the commuter train home. I can't stand

(A) People who get up and cram by the exit door of the train car so they can be the first ones off at the next stop - but we haven't even left the current stop and the next stop is 8-10 minutes or more away,
    (B) Grown men who are perfectly capable of standing that won't give up their seat for a woman, and especially won't give the seat up for someone (male or female) who obviously needs a seat (woman is clearly pregnant, man has cast on one leg, 84-year old elderly man/woman, etc. etc.) but instead sit there and read their newspaper or book or just sleep,
    (C) People who jump off the train (sometimes before it's come to a complete stop), race to their cars, jump in, fire it up, slam it into reverse, hit the gas, slam it into drive, hit the gas even harder, and go 60 mph through the parking lot so they can be first out. No one's giving a prize to the first person out, you're going to sit at the stop sign like I will and wait for the police to waive you out - what the **** are you in such a hurry for?
    (D) People at the train station who are waiting for the train and have to look down the tracks every minute to see where the train is - like looking for it is going to make it get to the station faster. (This goes double for the people who look down the tracks when the announcement comes over the speakers that the train is approaching, and triple for those who are hurrying along the platform to get to a spot to board the train but have to lean over to see where the train is when you can clearly hear the train whistle and bell and see the train perhaps 50 yards away).

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actuary.com - Level III Poster
    One thing that really bugs me is the countdowns and scoreboards in people's AIM profiles...

I don't care that you are seeing bon jovi in 57 days!

I already know how the red sox are doing. You don't have to try and keep an updated standings in your profile. If your gonna have one at least update it more than once a month!

Other profile annoyances:

1) The inside jokes.
    2) The 20 page away messages detailing their plans for the day. Hey guess what... No one cares that you are taking a shower before class, then studying in the library, then watching the OC, then goin to bed! (then again maybe they care about the showering...nice to know)
    3) The quote "We pregame harder than you party". I think that anyone with this quote really is insecure about their ability to party and feel the need to show everyone up who reads it. By the way, no one cares how hard you party.
    4) People who become fans of the sports teams come playoff time despite having zero knowledge of the sport and/or the players and THEN display it in their profiles for their friends to see.

I'm sure I could come up with more, but I'll leave it at that for now...

One more...
    "You know what really grinds my gears? This Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with your little outfits..." Ok, thats from the family guy DVD, but I totally agree with Peter Griffin.

Several things drive me crazy when I am driving

1) People who cut you off and then drive slower then you were going.

2) Those who drive in carpool lanes when there is only one person in the car. (I'm not talking about those who have exemptions like hybrid car drivers)

3) People who honk at me, or give me the finger, when we almost collide and they are the one that would have been at fault if there was an accident.

It wouldn't be so bad if they were once in a long time occurences, but in the Washington D.C. area these things happen at least 2 times a week each.

Actuary.com - Level VI Poster Ken's Avatar
    People who don't read the stickies or ask the same question because they don't use the search tool.
    Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Super Moderator
    Getting hellaciously sick while traveling, especially over a holiday right before year-end.

FSA, sorry to hear you are sick. Hopefull by the new year you will be better. Happy New Year!
    Actuary.com - www.actuary.com
    Email - actuary@actuary.com

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information