Sponsored Ads
D.W. Simpson
Worldwide Actuarial Recruitment
Life Health Pension Casualty US Asia Australia Europe Salary Apply
Ezra Penland Actuarial Recruiters
Top Actuary Jobs
Salary Surveys Apply Bios Casualty Health Life Pension
Pauline Reimer, ASA, MAAA
Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 86

Thread: Things that drive you crazy

  1. #61
    Actuary.com - Level V Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonMS View Post
    Yes, totally agree! And those who stick to the fastest lane going slower than everyone else.
    Drivers who tailgate when I'm driving the speed limit.

    Drivers who use cell-phones, smoke, or hold food/drink while driving.

    Drivers who slow down unnecessarily before they exit the freeway.
    I thought this WAS a real job

  2. #62
    Actuary.com - Posting Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,110
    Drivers who drive exactly the speed limit in the left lane of a 4 lane highway.

  3. #63
    Actuary.com - Level V Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    597

    Cool speeding is discourteous

    Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreExams View Post
    Drivers who drive exactly the speed limit in the left lane of a 4 lane highway.
    That shouldn't bother anyone who's obeying the law.

    I avoid driving in the left lane as much as possible. But if the limit is 70 or 75, there are often folks driving slower in the other 3 lanes. The left lane is for passing - not speeding.
    I thought this WAS a real job

  4. #64
    Actuary.com - Posting Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by JMO Fan View Post
    That shouldn't bother anyone who's obeying the law.

    I avoid driving in the left lane as much as possible. But if the limit is 70 or 75, there are often folks driving slower in the other 3 lanes. The left lane is for passing - not speeding.
    It is, so if I want to pass someone going 60 (assuming the speed limit is 60) and I want to "break the law" by going ... 68, then I shouldn't have to be stuck someone going 60 in the left lane

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3
    When the people ignore me, that drive me crazy...
    Last edited by Irish Blues; September 17th 2010 at 09:37 AM.

  6. #66
    Actuary.com - Level V Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreExams View Post
    It is, so if I want to pass someone going 60 (assuming the speed limit is 60) and I want to "break the law" by going ... 68, then I shouldn't have to be stuck someone going 60 in the left lane
    I try to stay out of the way, but ...
    what gives you that right?
    Are you saying that you have the right to break the law, and others are wrong to get in your way?
    Last edited by JMO Fan; May 19th 2010 at 04:10 PM.
    I thought this WAS a real job

  7. #67
    Actuary.com - Posting Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by JMO Fan View Post
    I try to stay out of the way, but ...
    what gives you that right?
    Are you saying that you have the right to break the law, and others are wrong to get in your way?
    If the left lane is for passing, aren't you breaking the law by driving in it without intent to pass?

  8. #68
    Actuary.com - Level V Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    597

    don't pass me by - the Beatles

    Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreExams View Post
    If the left lane is for passing, aren't you breaking the law by driving in it without intent to pass?
    If I'm driving the speed limit, nobody should be passing me or even catching up. Driving below the limit in the left lane could be improper. But breaking the limit to pass is definitely illegal.

    What I find amusing is all the people I pass whenever a cop's around.:tongue:
    I thought this WAS a real job

  9. #69
    Actuary.com - Posting Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by JMO Fan View Post
    If I'm driving the speed limit, nobody should be passing me or even catching up. Driving below the limit in the left lane could be improper. But breaking the limit to pass is definitely illegal.

    What I find amusing is all the people I pass whenever a cop's around.:tongue:
    More than likely, you'll find it more amusing to see me as the idiot flying by the cop

  10. #70
    Actuary.com - Level V Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    597

    Cool don't pass me by - the Beatles

    Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreExams View Post
    More than likely, you'll find it more amusing to see me as the idiot flying by the cop
    More amusing to pass you both after the cop pulls you over.
    I thought this WAS a real job

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 8 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 8 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. things u can do with an acturail science degree
    By xboyangx in forum Actuarial - General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: November 13th 2005, 09:54 PM
  2. Question about May 1992, Problem 12
    By robertr24 in forum SOA Exam P / CAS Exam 1 - Probability - with practice exam problems
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: August 6th 2005, 12:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •