Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please critique my resume!

Actuary.com - Level III Poster
    My apologies to adroit for taking the thread off topic, but I wanted to comment on what ExamTaker wrote.

Yikes! I knew the job market was tough, but reading what you wrote really makes me wonder what it takes. I have two exams so far, 10's on both, a Ph. D. in math, and extensive programming experience. I've had several interviews phone interviews and an in-person interview, but am still unemployed. I would like to know who exactly is getting these jobs and what makes their applications better than mine. I have heard people say that perhaps you can have too many exams, but I have never heard of exam scores being too high. Then again, for all I know the decision could be based on zodiac compatibility.

Though, I would say that your definition of "competence" is only a good start. You also have to be able to work well in a team, be hard-working, flexible, communicate well, and more.

Yes I am, and I'm taking the CAS exams - which is why I think it's amazing that you managed to get 10s on CAS 5 and CAS 6 ... because when you pass a CAS exam, you don't get a score - the grade report simply says PASS.
    "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information