Pauline Reimer, ASA, MAAA
Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm in for November 2006

Vacation was great. I don't think I've ever pulled so many fish off of fishing lines in my life - the kids were pulling in bluegill left and right, the oldest caught several catfish and I got *very* proficient at pulling them off without getting stuck (which hurts like '''').

Studying? Pfft ... I tried Teng and Perkins one more time - I'm going to skip ahead for right now, it may make more sense later on. I have a month to get to the point where I feel comfortable with having a chance to pass in November. If I don't think I can swing it, I'll sit and wait for '07. I'm not someone who must have a 10 or the highest grade or else I've done lousy, but I would like to be able to say that I passed all 9 exams on the first try. So far I'm 4-for-4, and I can't see sitting for an exam that I don't feel like I have a realistic chance of passing just for the sake of sitting for an exam.
    "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Actuary.com - Level IV Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
    . . . Studying? Pfft ... I tried Teng and Perkins one more time - I'm going to skip ahead for right now, it may make more sense later on. I have a month to get to the point where I feel comfortable with having a chance to pass in November. If I don't think I can swing it, I'll sit and wait for '07. I'm not someone who must have a 10 or the highest grade or else I've done lousy, but I would like to be able to say that I passed all 9 exams on the first try. So far I'm 4-for-4, and I can't see sitting for an exam that I don't feel like I have a realistic chance of passing just for the sake of sitting for an exam.
    Well, I wish you the best in your decision.
    act justly. walk humbly. love mercy.

Any progress, IB?

Quote Originally Posted by .Godspeed. View Post
    Any progress, IB?
    Ok, this is my last attempt at illicting a response. The deadline was last week. Did you sign up?

Best,

.G.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information