Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm in for November 2006

I'm in for November 2006

For better or for worse, after getting the results for Exam 4, finishing up VEE's and taking a 2-week vacation, I'll be cracking down hard on this to see what I can do in a little under 3 months.
    "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Actuary.com - Level IV Poster
    I'm in with you, Irish Blues. Congratulations on C, sir.
    act justly. walk humbly. love mercy.

Thanks. Hopefully you have more of a head start on studying, I feel like I have a lot of ground to cover and the fact that I'm taking 2 weeks vacation next month isn't going to help things any.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Blues
    Thanks. Hopefully you have more of a head start on studying, I feel like I have a lot of ground to cover and the fact that I'm taking 2 weeks vacation next month isn't going to help things any.
    Well, I began doing the reading around mid-May, and started going pretty strong about a week after graduation. I've finished the reading and am working on the first volume of All 10 right now.

You, however, have P&C work experience, so that should help. Learning the jargon has been a battle itself. I just started my first full-time job two weeks ago, and it's interesting--studying for the exam and working have seemed to complement each other thus far.

Just make the time. You've done it for the first four, so I'm sure you can do it for this one.

Edit: I meant 'four', not three; sorry!
    Last edited by .Godspeed.; July 23rd 2006 at 09:53 PM.

Q: do you have a suggested study schedule from anyone? Obviously I'm going to be in full cram mode the next 3 months; I've seen stuff for prior to 2006 but nothing for this year and since a few of the readings have changed, I'm curious what the new suggested order is.

It's been 10 days; how's the study progress?

I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks - I'll let you know after that.

So far I'm through Wiser's paper as well as B-F and the first Fisher paper; I've read through the 2nd Fisher paper, ASOP #9 and the appendix, Adler-Kline and Johnson (which I actually did a project following her method), I'm going back through those again to work through the tables and see how much I understand.

You?

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Blues
    I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks - I'll let you know after that.

So far I'm through Wiser's paper as well as B-F and the first Fisher paper; I've read through the 2nd Fisher paper, ASOP #9 and the appendix, Adler-Kline and Johnson (which I actually did a project following her method), I'm going back through those again to work through the tables and see how much I understand.

You?
    I've finished first pass-throughs of Volumes 1a and 1b of the All 10, and am working through Volume 2, which contains all of the Accounting and Reinsurance. I try to work every past exam problem and almost all of the sample questions. I plan to go back and make notecards after finishing with the first pass-throughs.

I hope you enjoy your vacation. God Bless!

I've tried reading Teng and Perkins 3 times. I actually made it 5 pages the last time before thinking, "I have no idea what they're talking about."

I'll give it a few more shots this week, maybe it will start to sink in on the 6th or 7th try.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
    I've tried reading Teng and Perkins 3 times. I actually made it 5 pages the last time before thinking, "I have no idea what they're talking about."

I'll give it a few more shots this week, maybe it will start to sink in on the 6th or 7th try.
    Has it sunk in? Please don't tell me you read that 6 times.

Are you back from vacation? I hope it went well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information