Hi
I got my BS in stats in 2009. Since, I have started a small business that is making me a little bit of money. But I feel like there is no room for growth so i want to do something else.
I am highly interested in statistics. it is probably my only passion in life.

For me, the most interesting aspect of statistics is data mining. for example, when I go to youtube and there are related videos on the side, I wonder how the bot decided these videos are related. Is it because it was uploaded by the same user? is it because most of the people that commented on video A also commented on video B (high correlation)?
I am wondering what to do with my life. back when i was in school, I know a lot of phd students in stats ended up working for google, but I dont want to spend any more time in school.
I want a program where i would study independently without having to do homework and the stress of meeting deadlines and doing projects. and that's how i ended up thinking about becoming an actuary, because there is no school, you just study on your own when you feel like it. I have been called boring a few times so I think it would be a good profession for me.

so my questions:
do actuaries do any data mining? would being an actuary be as impressive to employers as having a phd?
what do i do with my life? Conditions: I want something stats-related, but i dont want to go back to school.