Sponsored Ads
Pauline Reimer, ASA, MAAA
Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Ezra Penland Actuarial Recruiters
Top Actuary Jobs
Salary Surveys Apply Bios Casualty Health Life Pension

Thread: which calculator worked the best for you for the FM2 exam??

Actuary.com - Newbie Poster

which calculator worked the best for you for the FM2 exam??

hey i was wondering which calculator worked the best for them while taking the FM2 exam?? is a TI-30XA fine??

Actuary.com - Level III Poster
    you will DEFINITELY want to bring a financial calculator. The BAII is a very good choice.

Many (including myself) used both calcs on the exam. Financial for Time Value of Money calculations and and the TI-30 Multiview for regular arithmetic. You could try to do it without a financial calculator..... but that would be a serious waste of time and really put yourself in some tricky spots.

Actuary.com - Level I Poster
    I passed FM the other week and I used both the TI-30XIIS and the BAII plus professional (though I think you could get away with the BAII plus). The TI is better suited to more simple calculations, the BAII can really save you a lot of time on bond and annuity problems in particular though it is a little more cumbersome on the simple calculations and it leaves less of an audit trail. I would recommend getting both and practicing problems with them so you know what kind of problem works best for you with each calculator.

Thread Information