Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Thread: How to retake an Exam

Actuary.com - Newbie Poster

Unhappy How to retake an Exam

Hello Everyone! I am just looking for some advice on retaking exam P. I took it last night and was unsuccessful in passing. I have spent the last month and a half studying four at least 6 hours a day and taken a practice exam (or two) on ADAPT everyday for the last 3 weeks. I am confident that I am prepared, I just think my nerves got the best of me. I have been told that there is a way to retake the exam within your original testing window. Can anyone verify this and let me know how to go about doing it? I haven't been successful in locating any information online. Thanks!

Actuary.com - Level III Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by msharo01 View Post
    Hello Everyone! I am just looking for some advice on retaking exam P. I took it last night and was unsuccessful in passing. I have spent the last month and a half studying four at least 6 hours a day and taken a practice exam (or two) on ADAPT everyday for the last 3 weeks. I am confident that I am prepared, I just think my nerves got the best of me. I have been told that there is a way to retake the exam within your original testing window. Can anyone verify this and let me know how to go about doing it? I haven't been successful in locating any information online. Thanks!
    No, you can only take an exam once in each testing window. I think the registration deadline for next testing window is going to end soon. So, decide if you are going to retake in next testing window.

Actuary.com - Newbie Poster
    Do you have to register as soa or cas before taking the first exam? I don't know what type of actuary I want to be... does that matter? I know the CBT exam P fee is $200, does that include registration with SOA or CAS or do u have to register with one of them and pay their membership fee on top of that?
    I went to prometric or whatever website and pretended like I was registering and it seems like I need to register SOA or CAS before hand :-/

Thread Information