Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Thread: VEE Credit

Actuary.com - Level I Poster

VEE Credit

I just passed the first exam in February and was looking at the VEE Credit that students need to apply for following the third exam. I am a junior in college right now. Should I try and take classes my senior year that will count for VEE credit? Or should I take classes that I would like more and get credit in couple years? Is getting VEE credit difficult? Thanks for any responses.

Actuary.com - Level VI Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jstudent View Post
    I just passed the first exam in February and was looking at the VEE Credit that students need to apply for following the third exam. I am a junior in college right now. Should I try and take classes my senior year that will count for VEE credit? Or should I take classes that I would like more and get credit in couple years? Is getting VEE credit difficult? Thanks for any responses.
    If possible, it would be advantageous for you to take classes to fulfill the VEE requirements while you're still in college. Getting the credit after you've graduated gets a little more complicated, but it's not as hard as taken the preliminary actuarial exams.

There are several avenues for satisfying the VEE credit after one has graduated college. A couple options are in the form of online classes, while others consist of taking comprehensive exams (CLEP, for example). It depends on your preference. But the consensus has been that no matter the method you take, the requirements are not as difficult as taking actuarial exams.

Actuary.com - Level IV Poster
    Take the classes now! Once you're working, you'll be glad you don't have to mess with the VEE requirement.

Actuary.com - Level II Poster
    What could you like more than corporate finance and economics? :goofy:

jk

But you should take them now unless you can CLEP for cheap, in which case you might consider that avenue. I didn't study at all for the Macro CLEP (i.e. never opened a Macro text) and got a 62, so I don't think those tests are very challenging. If you can CLEP for cheap, think about it.

Actuary.com - Level I Poster
    Thank you for your comments... What is CLEP?

Actuary.com - Level II Poster
    Thank you for your comments... What is CLEP?
    Link: <http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/clep/exams.html>

It's a set of tests that many colleges accept for validation of a subject.

Thread Information