Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Thread: EA-1 Exam Statistics

julian

EA-1 Exam Statistics

Can someone provide me with a website that lists the statistics of the EA1 Exam that was offered in the Spring?

I am looking for the number of people who took the exam and the % needed to pass.

I can't believe only 14 canidates passed.

Thanks for your help.

Actuary.com - Level VI Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by julian
    Can someone provide me with a website that lists the statistics of the EA1 Exam that was offered in the Spring?

I am looking for the number of people who took the exam and the % needed to pass.

I can't believe only 14 canidates passed.

Thanks for your help.
    The SOA never publishes any data regarding how much questions correct on a test was needed to pass.

As for the number of test-takers & and passing percentage, that's usually released within 1 week of the last group getting their results. Since today was the release date for 6, EA-1 & EA-2B, the statistics should be out next week sometime.

Actuary.com - Level I Poster

Just curious

Any idea where it will be posted? Where i can look for it? I too would really like to know just how many took it and what percent passed. Anything to make me feel a little better about not passing myself!

Quote Originally Posted by dougmal
    Any idea where it will be posted? Where i can look for it? I too would really like to know just how many took it and what percent passed. Anything to make me feel a little better about not passing myself!
    It's usually not posted until after the final exam results are released. In this case, that's the Course 6 results (due on Friday). I'll take a guess and say they'll probably be released Wednesday of next week. At very least, next week sometime.

Posted on the SOA website? That site is kind of a zoo! Was hoping to find out where on the site it will be posted, because i've searched around there before but never found it..

Actuary.com - Level III Poster
    It is hard to find the statistics. Check the website this Friday under new items for Exams. Here's the site for the archives of passing percentages and passing names:
    http://www.soa.org/ccm/content/exams...ndidate-names/

Thanks! I'll keep my eyes peeled for them, hopefully they won't be too hidden.... =)

Posted on the SOA website? That site is kind of a zoo! Was hoping to find out where on the site it will be posted, because i've searched around there before but never found it.
    It's pretty hard to find stuff, but the passing percentages and passing candidate names (when they're available) will be out on the same page that the passing candidate numbers were released on.

dougmal was it your first try? I'm hoping to make my first attempt in November... just wondering

2nd attempt, surprising, since i felt really prepared going in, but knew i had failed coming out. Got a 4 both times. Looking at the percentage passed. Taking the two SOA exams and getting a waiver will be much easier. 40-50% passing vs 15-20% passing.

*EDIT* Elle, did you say november? EA-1 is only offered in Spring.

Thread Information