Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Thread: Sell MFE Manual

Actuary.com - Level I Poster

Sell MFE Manual

I just finished MFE and have ASM Study Manual and a 7-practice-exam set by Dr. Weishaus. I think the manual focuses on the exam very well and more easily to read than the text book, which was used as a reference book in my preparation. Dr. Weishaus's lectures grasp almost all important concepts and techniques used in the exam and I was surprised that he could explain the tough stuff that clearly within each short lecture. The practice exams are some more difficult, based on my personal feeling, than the real exam and include at least one problem from the three stochastic interest models and Ito process in each exam, which helped me to have clues to solve this type problems even I still don't know the complete theory part of these topics, but I think it is enough to solve the multiple exam problems. I checked the solution and thought I got 14 out of 19 right. I hope the score represents at least a margin-pass. Am I too optimistic? I performed better than using the practice exams, where I got about 12 out of 20 right. After all, if you are interested to have them pleas reply this thread, I ask for $60 + shipping fee for both, whose retail price is $90.

Actuary.com - Level II Poster
    how about $55? (including shipping)

amirla80 , give me your zip code please. Let me check the shipping fee and answer you later.
    Thanks

I'll take it if there is no marks or whatever on the book. Please let me know the shipping charge. I am living in Ontario Canada, postal code M4Y 3P8. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by loverisk View Post
    I just finished MFE and have ASM Study Manual and a 7-practice-exam set by Dr. Weishaus. I think the manual focuses on the exam very well and more easily to read than the text book, which was used as a reference book in my preparation. Dr. Weishaus's lectures grasp almost all important concepts and techniques used in the exam and I was surprised that he could explain the tough stuff that clearly within each short lecture. The practice exams are some more difficult, based on my personal feeling, than the real exam and include at least one problem from the three stochastic interest models and Ito process in each exam, which helped me to have clues to solve this type problems even I still don't know the complete theory part of these topics, but I think it is enough to solve the multiple exam problems. I checked the solution and thought I got 14 out of 19 right. I hope the score represents at least a margin-pass. Am I too optimistic? I performed better than using the practice exams, where I got about 12 out of 20 right. After all, if you are interested to have them pleas reply this thread, I ask for $60 + shipping fee for both, whose retail price is $90.

Sorry, probably I would not take it, they sell it for 93 Canadian Dollars here in Toronto

http://www.fgbooks.com

Sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by zhuanyi View Post
    I'll take it if there is no marks or whatever on the book. Please let me know the shipping charge. I am living in Ontario Canada, postal code M4Y 3P8. Thanks!

Actuary.com - Level II Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by loverisk View Post
    amirla80 , give me your zip code please. Let me check the shipping fee and answer you later.
    Thanks

zip code: 92673
    you can email me at amirla80@yahoo.com

I'll check with the local post office tomorrow.

Thread Information