Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Thread: Options for Online VEE Courses

Actuary.com - Level II Poster

Options for Online VEE Courses

Hello everyone:

If a person would take VEE courses (assuming he/she has passed at least 2preliminary exams of SOA and assuming he/she's not a student) online, what options does he/she have? Are these NEAS and Actex (only)?

By the way, what's the difference between NEAS and Actex?

Actuary.com - Level IV Poster binky_4me's Avatar
    i don't know the exact differences between actex and neas besides they are 2 different companies. :smiloe: as long as they both have approval codes for classes they offer, who cares? other choices to complete vee requirements other than actex/neas online courses? taking a course from a school that's already approved or taking a course that you would need to get approved. i think cas use to offer exams to take, but i think that ended this past summer. luckily for me, a college class i took on regression is on the approved list already so i'm taking the online time series course from actex; it starts next week. in the meantime i'm still waiting to hear about exam fm, but i figure i can at least work on moving forward. if i didn't pass, then i'll just wait till i pass to turn in the paperwork to get credit.
    binky

Actuary.com - Level I Poster

Online classes?

What do you mean by online classes? There are classes online that we can use somewhere within actuarial groups themselves or any online class as long as it gets approved?

I read on another SOA website that if your college isn't listed then you can still submit it for approval...but does this extend only to brick and mortar colleges of a certain caliber or any state accredited school?

Please explain, someone could take this anyway and misunderstand without further definition

Quote Originally Posted by arkrider View Post
    What do you mean by online classes? There are classes online that we can use somewhere within actuarial groups themselves or any online class as long as it gets approved?
    http://www.actexmadriver.com/showpro...=1&FullCat=244
    these are approved online classes for vee aplied stats thru actex

http://www.neas-seminars.com/Misc/
    this is the neas website for online approved vee courses in all 3 topics

Quote Originally Posted by arkrider View Post
    I read on another SOA website that if your college isn't listed then you can still submit it for approval...but does this extend only to brick and mortar colleges of a certain caliber or any state accredited school?
    i was surprised that my school had approved vee courses (i went to the university of kentucky)
    binky

Actuary.com - Level I Poster

VEE from IoA

can i take VEE parellel courses from Institute of Actuaries UK and apply for an exemption? Like CT2 for corporate finance and CT7 for Economics.

i would see if you can apply for the class to be approved first before taking the class and then finding out soa won't accept your credit. i don't actually know if this is possible, but i would check into it.
    binky

Thread Information