Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Thread: VEE exams?

Actuary.com - Level I Poster

VEE exams?

I was researching about VEEs and I know about the part where you have to take certain courses at your college in order to gain credit. But I didn't that there were VEE exams you had to take before I browsed this forum. I tried to google more info about VEE exams but I couldn't really find any. So exactly what is a VEE exam? Are they just on topics about applied stats, finance, and econ? and are there any study guides available?

oh wait nvm. According to the SOA website the VEE topics are no longer tested.

VEE Exams and requirements?

What does that mean VEE requirement no longer tested? I've looked all over for the VEE requirement information and all of it is so vague that you can't figure out anything...

For example it states a B- or better in Stats, Finance, and Econ classes...but it doesn't say how many in each and what level they have to be? Are we talking about any class whatsover in those categories with a B- or 2nd or third level college in each?

Further the exemption exam for the VEE requirements, how does that work? I've found no information whatsoever on this...please elaborate.

VEE exception ? still available?

Does saying vee requirement is no longer tested mean they don't check at all or merely that they don't allow you to do an exemption test in place of the class(es)?

http://eande.soa.org/vee/approved-co...s-for-vee.html

^^They have a directory of approved classes that can be used for VEE credit depending on the school you go to. So if you get a B- or better in those classes you can apply for VEE credit. As far as whether or not SOA/CAS offer testing for VEE testing, you'll have to ask someone more experienced (I'm still in college).

Actuary.com - Level IV Poster binky_4me's Avatar
    if you didn't take a class that's listed on the soa directory as already approved, you can go thru the steps of seeing of your class can be approved. otherwise, you can take online classes thru actex or neas that already have approval codes for some or all 3 vee topics. or you can take a class at a school that has a class already approved, or go thru the steps to get it approved before taking the class.
    binky

Thanks for the info Binky and Truth in Lending....

Umm how many classes for each topic does someone have to go through though? and does it matter which class? I've had some classes for these topics already, but not sure if it'll count...

Actuary.com - Level IV Poster binky_4me's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arkrider View Post
    Umm how many classes for each topic does someone have to go through though? and does it matter which class? I've had some classes for these topics already, but not sure if it'll count...
    except for the economics portion, one class for each could suffice. economics has a micro and macro. but it just depends... for example: a regression class i had in college actually counts as half of the applied stats part and all i need is to take a time series course (which is offered by actex) and i'll have my applied stat component done. on the soa list of classes, it'll say that a certain class only covers macro or regression portion, etc. if you feel like going thru the paperwork to see if it'll be approved, try it. i think they need to see a syllabus to see what was actually taught to see if it covers what soa wants you to know.
    binky

Thread Information