Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Advertise Here
Contact us at actuary@actuary.com or 770-425-8576
Reach top actuarial professionals

Thread: 2/FM Books needed

Actuary.com - Level I Poster

2/FM Books needed

Hi,
    I'm studying for the 2/FM exam. I'm interested in buying the 2nd Ed. McDonald's Derivatives Markets and/or its Student's Solution Manual. If you have one of those and want to sell them then email me at tamng2001@yahoo.com. Thank you a lot!

Actuary.com - Level I Poster
    Hmmm.... just wondering for this exam... between Actex, ASM or Dr. O's manual... which one (or combination of two) would be the best preparation for 2/FM. Is a textbook necessary if I don't have prior knowledge?

BTW... if there are other manuals (like Guo's??) which you prefer... do tell. ^^

Actuary.com - Level III Poster
    I think the book is must for everybody. I like Dr. O's manual best. I got a chance to peak through the ASM manual just one day before the exam. The exams are very easy in his manual, the explanation is more elaborated than Dr. O's manual. Also ASM has so many old questions, but I felt it as a time wasting. Dr. O's manual is precise in explanation, but has lot of questions papers, which will definately prepares you for the real exam and also has lot of old questions (not that old as ASM). But he has the questions from different exams (like 6, 8 etc.) which are currently related to FM.

I hope this helps.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by ^^CarrieX^^ View Post
    Hmmm.... just wondering for this exam... between Actex, ASM or Dr. O's manual... which one (or combination of two) would be the best preparation for 2/FM. Is a textbook necessary if I don't have prior knowledge?

BTW... if there are other manuals (like Guo's??) which you prefer... do tell. ^^
    :smiloe: :confused-:

Thread Information