Pryor Associates
Actuarial Openings: Life, P&C, Health, Pensions, Finance
Ezra Penland Actuarial Recruiters
Top Actuary Jobs
Salary Surveys Apply Bios Casualty Health Life Pension

Thread: Additional Exam P practice tests

Actuary.com - Level II Poster

Additional Exam P practice tests

I have already purchased Guo's e-manual, its fantastic, has some sample questions and I obviously have the SOA 127 questions. I am going to buy more tests...

Has anyone ever bought the exam P/1 CBT practice tests e-document by "actuarialtests.com"?

Which should I go with... the infinite actuary sample exams, the actuarialtests.com exams, or the infamous actex exams?

My first inclination is to get the actex exams, but I am reluctant because it seems that at the end of 6 weeks, 6 of the 10 exams are no longer accessible to you. Is this true? or am I misreading the description?

I need help!!!

Actuary.com - Level III Poster (/iropracy's Avatar
    For better practice get the ASM manual I think it has 16 or more, where above 6 is a worse case scenario test.

I have heard real good things about TIA exams but nothing about actuarialtests.com.

What I did was downloaded every practice problem that Dr. O put up on the weekly practice problems thread. There are 150...5 exams worth. I studied those mostly along with the weak Actex and did very well on my sitting. The Actex isn't good because exams 1-5 are mainly the SOA 127.

Know the 127 (134 now) by heart... not the problems the procedures and work on problems that are worse case scenario problems. Also, check out old threads of past sittings and make sure you understand the problems people post that they had on their exam sitting. It will give you a vague idea.

Actuary.com - Level III Poster
    I agree, if you're going to spend money on tests, the latest ASM manual has 18 practice exams. Tho the first 6 or so are largely the SOA practice problems you already have. But like the dude above said, the later exams should have you well prepared.

I got the Infinite Actuary exams also, and they are good. They cover a little bit of everything, and *allegedly* they are a little harder than the real thing. I would recommend them if you got $30 or so burning a hole in yer pocket.

Actuary.com - Level I Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus Gus View Post
    I agree, if you're going to spend money on tests, the latest ASM manual has 18 practice exams. Tho the first 6 or so are largely the SOA practice problems you already have. But like the dude above said, the later exams should have you well prepared.

I got the Infinite Actuary exams also, and they are good. They cover a little bit of everything, and *allegedly* they are a little harder than the real thing. I would recommend them if you got $30 or so burning a hole in yer pocket.

I really like The Infinite Actuary. I felt like they hit the basics and keep it efficient. I have a personal dislike of doing lots of repetitive problems that test the knowledge, but are not similar in spirit. Many others do however find going through lots of problems helps them cement what they learned, even though those particular types may not appear on the exam.

Thread Information